www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <m...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: general/830: "Premature EOF" unpacking apache_1.2.1.tar.*
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:41:27 GMT
Synopsis: "Premature EOF" unpacking apache_1.2.1.tar.*

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Mon Jul  7 10:41:25 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
It appears that /usr/bin/tar on SunOS 4.x doesn't quite
like the tarball for some reason; there may be some extra
blocks at the end it isn't properly ignoring, or something
similar.  In testing on SunOS 4.x, it uncompressed the
archive fine (the last thing should be the logs subdirectory),
so the error can be ignored.

Not sure there is anything worthwhile we can do about it...
doesn't happen on other platforms I have tested.