www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/800: umlaut o ( ) in a URL doesn't work
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/800; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Janne Himanka <shem@oyt.oulu.fi>
Subject: Re: general/800: umlaut o ( ) in a URL doesn't work
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:32:35 -0600 (MDT)

 On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Janne Himanka wrote:

 >      From:  Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 >      Subject:  general/800: umlaut o ( ) in a URL doesn't work
 >  Please try 1.2.1.  It appears to magically fix this problem for me; let me
 >  know if it does the same for you.
 >
 > No...it behaves just the same for me...you can see it at
 > http://clovis.oulu.fi/.html
 >
 > I have Apache/1.2.1 mod_perl/1.00b1 now.

 Humor me and try compiling it with the distributed Configuration file and
 no extra modules.  Also try compiling it and disabling optimization (ie.
 add an OPTIM= line to Configuration to disable the -O2).

 Do you have Sun's SC4.x compiler?  Normally installed under
 /opt/SUNWspro/.  If so, try with that.

 Yesterday I am sure it was working fine compiled in some way with gcc.
 Now I can't repeat that.  However, today it works fine compiled with
 SC4.2.  Arrrgh.