www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andreas Jung <aj...@sz-sb.de>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/679: mod_log_config logs wrong month names in german/english
Date Sun, 29 Jun 1997 09:08:03 GMT
On Sat, 28 Jun 1997 dgaudet@hyperreal.com wrote:

> Synopsis: mod_log_config logs wrong month names in german/english
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Sat Jun 28 15:57:28 PDT 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> I'm suspecting some module or maybe something involving mod_include
> is playing with the locale environment variables.  So that a
> child starts off running correctly, but then something mucks
> with the settings and it stops running correctly.

Aside from the standard distribution, I'am only using PHP additionally.
mod_include is compiled in however I don't use it at this time.

> Do you always start apache with the same environment variables?
> (i.e. wrap it in an "env - FOOBAR=blah httpd -d /path/to/serverrot"
> sort of script)

Apache is always started at boot time from a dedicated www account.
However this account has no locale enviroment variables set.

> Do any of your server side includes play with the locale settings?

No ! :-)

I think the logging modules should be fixed the way that it logs the time
independentl of the locale settings.

Best regards,
Andreas

   - Andreas Jung, Bruchwiesenanlage 2,D-66125 Saarbr├╝cken, Germany       -
  - Phone: +49-(0)6897/972207, EMail: ajung@sz-sb.de (PGP key available) -
  - Member of the Python Software Activity (PSA), Contributor of the     -
   - Python Starship Project: http://starship.skyport.net                 -