www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: documentation/789: Bad Perl Code is mentioned in the FAQ, #31
Date Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:01:55 GMT
>From the fingers of Dean Gaudet flowed the following:
>
>/*nph- doesn't match /foonph-cgi ... it matches things like /////nph-.
>Which seems pretty correct to me.

    No, he's right.  It matches zero-or-more (not one-or-more) "/"
    characters followed by "nph-" anywhere in the string - so
    "/foonph-bar" would be matched.

>                                   Whereas ^/*nph- won't match an nph
>with a full path.

    Hmm.  That's true.  It ought to be m:^(.*/)*nph-[^/]*$: instead.
    That should catch "nph-" being the start of the file name (not in a
    superior directory name), and either bare or preceded by a "/".
    It'll break if the filename has an embedded "/", but that's
    pathological and we've already pretty much decided not to support
    that anyway (Roy's comments on 543)..

    #ken    :-)}