www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From tenthu...@cybernex.net
Subject Re: documentation/626:
Date Tue, 03 Jun 1997 03:25:07 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 12:23:39 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> Synopsis: One doc error and one clarification for mod_auth_anon
>
> State-Changed-From->To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: coar
> State-Changed-When: Mon Jun  2 12:23:38 PDT 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> The first item (Anonymous_NoUserID) will be corrected
> shortly.

Thanks.

> As for the second.. AuthUserFile isn't a
> directive supplied by mod_auth_anon.  Do you mean that
> mod_auth_anon's documentation needs to mention that an
> AuthUserFile must exist for the location in order for
> mod_auth_anon to work?
>
> #ken    :-)}

Yes. I've done some further testing and it seems that both AuthUserFile and
AuthType must both be either 1) defined or 2) inherited at the location where
the mod_auth_anon directives are used. In other words, you either have to define
them where you use them or make sure that the server can see them where they are
used.

John