www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: other/539: fastcgi processes dying off over time, not restarting. (fwd)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 1997 18:10:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR other/539; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: other/539: fastcgi processes dying off over time, not  restarting. (fwd)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:42:33 -0400
 From: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
 To: dgaudet@hyperreal.com, apache-bugdb@apache.org, dgaudet@apache.org
 Subject: Re: other/539: fastcgi processes dying off over time, not  restarting.

  I followed this up mentioning it wasn't Apache's fault. That was quite a
 while ago. You can delete the bug report. ;)

   There was a problem with FastCGI that it wasn't configuring itself
 properly, to lock/unlock around accept(), as well as an accept() that was
 never locked. Multiple accept()'s on Solaris == dead fastcgi manager
 process. We've corrected both errors (and a 3rd these fixes revealed), and
 sent them into the FCGI team for inclusion in future versions.

 -Jonathan

 --
 Jonathan Roy - roy@idle.com - Idle Communications, Inc.
 Idle Communications accepts contract work in Perl/C/C++