www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.com
Subject Re: config/353: undocumented incompatibility between Apache and NCSA-httpd
Date Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:35:26 GMT
Synopsis: undocumented incompatibility between Apache and NCSA-httpd

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sun Jun 22 17:35:25 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
Actually I don't think Apache is correct in this case.  For example,
I did this:

cd htdocs/manual
echo Options -FollowSymLinks >.htaccess
cd ..
ln -s manual symlink

Then I accessed /symlink (or /symlink/) and got a 403, which is
the incompatibility that you're describing.  However if I access
/symlink/index.html it succeeds.  This is an inconsistency that
really shouldn't exist.  The symlink stuff is supposed to be tested
with the permissions of the parent directory.  I'm submitting a
patch for the rest of the group to consider.

Thanks for using Apache!
Dean