www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ron Owens <ron.ow...@ucg.ie>
Subject config/751: Using Apache as Proxy Server
Date Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:40:02 GMT

>Number:         751
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Using Apache as Proxy Server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have the following lines in my access.conf file. I wish to force users to suppl
enter username/password the first time they attempt top access a site external
to our domain. But they are prompted for user/pass every time they access
any other external sites as well. Is there a way of authenticating a user
once i.e. on their first access of an external site ?

<Directory proxy:*>
<Limit GET PUT POST DELETE CONNECT OPTIONS>
order allow,deny
allow from all
require valid-user
AuthType Basic
AuthName membership
AuthUserFile /etc/wwwpasswd
#deny from [machines you'd like *not* to allow by IP address or name]
#allow from [machines you'd like to allow by IP address or name]
</Limit>
</Directory>