www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/693 (fwd)
Date Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/693; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/693 (fwd)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:33:29 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:56:34 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Ken Kempster <kempster@ibm.net>
 To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
 Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org
 Subject: RE: general/693

 OK.  I got it to compile and it seems to be functioning good.

 This is what I needed to do:

 1)  Copy the libport.a archive to /usr/local/lib
       For some reason,  the install of bind8.1 did not
       copy it there
 2)  did a ranlib on /usr/local/lib/libport.a
 3)  did an ldconfig just for the hell of it
 4)  added -lbind -lport to the EXTRA_LIBS

 After doing the above,  I was able to build Apache 1.2.0
 on SunOS4.1.4 with Bind 8.1 installed...

 thanx for all your help...

 On 18-Jun-97 Dean Gaudet wrote:
 >Well maybe try adding -lport too ... I'd really like to know what those
 >ISC folks were thinking with bind 8.1.
 >
 >Dean

 Ken Kempster     Network Systems Engineer
 E-Mail: Ken Kempster <kempster@ibm.net>
 Date: 18-Jun-97
 Time: 22:56:36