www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/726: keep-alive in 1.2 released vs. 1.2 beta(s)
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:30:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/726; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: "D. J. Hawkey Jr." <hawkeyd@visi.com>
Subject: Re: general/726: keep-alive in 1.2 released vs. 1.2 beta(s)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:29:00 -0600 (MDT)

 On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, D. J. Hawkey Jr. wrote:

 > I'm implementing HTTP/1.1 persistant connections in Chimera-1.70, and when
 > hitting on Apache-1.2 [with it], everything goes well. When hitting on sites
 > using Apache-1.2bNN [with it], things go awry where inline images are
 > concerned. I can document responses from the betas that have no header.

 Are you _sure_ you see responses from the betas without headers?  How are
 you determining that?  If you are using debugging output from Chimera,
 don't trust it.  Sniff the network to see the actual packet.  The only
 difference I can think of offhand is that in 1.2b9 there was a hack
 introduced to work around a bug in Navigator when headers are 256 or 257
 bytes long; see the src/CHANGES file for details.  This shouldn't,
 however, impact all images only certain ones where the headers are the
 wrong length.

 > Even though Apache-1.2bNN responds "HTTP/1.1", is the keep-alive technology
 > still HTTP/1.0?

 Apache supports both HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 persistent connections.