www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <...@unix-ag.org>
Subject config/717: Strange behaviour of AccessConfig
Date Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:10:02 GMT

>Number:         717
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Strange behaviour of AccessConfig
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Maybe my assumption is wrong, but I had in mind that the directive
AccessConfig used in a <VirtualHost> section overrides the default
AccessConfig directive used in the main config.

I've configured several virtual hosts on one of my web-server machines
that all use the same srm.conf, but a different access config.
Today I found out, that the default access.conf interferes in the
access configurations of all virtual hosts. This is especially true
for the Options directive, because any Options directive in a virtual
host access configuration is ignored, eg. "Options None" is ignored.

In general the virtual host access configurations are read and parsed
(as shown by mod_info) and seem to work for most directives, eg. saying
"require user foobar" works.

I verified the effect with a minimal configuration, so I don't think there's
any bug in my normal configuration producing this strange behaviour.

I marked this bug report as 'critical', because the behaviour described
above can be very critical if something like "Options -ExeCGI" is
ignored (as it was on my server, because suddenly many people on my
server where able to use CGI und SSI).

As a workaround I'm know using "AccessConfig /dev/null" in my main
server configuration and moved that config to an extra <VirtualHost>
section.