www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christopher Galvin <gal...@millsys.com>
Subject documentation/698: ScriptAlias is apparently broken
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 06:20:01 GMT

>Number:         698
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       ScriptAlias is apparently broken
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've tried to add separate cgi-bin directories with several ways, none have
worked and always give me:
[Mon Jun  9 00:42:57 1997] access to /var/httpd/cgi-bin/Normark/test.cgi failed for sentinel.surfen.net,
reason: Premature end of script headers
I've read the FAQ about that, and even added what it said and still get that error.
The CGI scripts work fine under Netscape Enterprise server, and under the
"servers" cgi-bin directory.
I've tried the following:
<VirtualHost www.surfen.net>
DocumentRoot /var/httpd/Surfen
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/httpd/cgi-bin/Surfen
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +Includes #+ExecCGI
</VirtualHost>

and the same as above but instead of ScriptAlias, just Alias
and:
<Directory /var/httpd/cgi-bin/Surfen/>
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

None of this works of course and I'm really getting frustrated with it.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.normarkbusiness.com/cgi-bin/test.cgi
Wanna see the error log?