www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/694
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 03:20:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/694; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Mike Machado <reeders@innercite.com>
Subject: Re: config/694
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 21:19:46 -0600 (MDT)

 On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Mike Machado wrote:

 > Ok i finally got my program to work... but i cant get the test-cgi to work....
 > The weirdest thing was happening. I use samba from my win95 box to the
 > linux box and if you create a file and put it through the LAN on the linux
 > even if you make the mode a+x it wont execute!!.  it says bad command or
 > file name, and i know all about doing ./ with root casue . isnt in the
 > PATH. I even did mode 777 and if i do anything over the lan it wont
 > execute. I have to use like pico or vi and make the same script i norder to
 > get it to execute. SO all the cgi's i had wouldnt execute unless i untared
 > then DIRECTLY on the linux bot.  I unzipped test-cgi directly and it STILL
 > wont execute. Why would that be???

 Ah.  Your problem is probably end of line characters.  Windows likes an
 extra ^M that Unix doesn't.  If you vi one of the files copied from the
 Windows box, you will probably find that it has a ^M at the end of each
 line; most versions of vi will show it, some won't.  ISTR you can set
 Samba to automatically convert things like that, but it is ugly.

 Are you saying that test-cgi still doesn't work when you untar it directly
 on the Linux box?  It seems like you found the source of your problems, so
 if test-cgi still won't work that is probably related; you could try
 running it from the command line.