www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bryan Murphy <br...@hcst.com>
Subject suexec/682: suexec does not work for Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 05 Jun 1997 19:50:01 GMT

>Number:         682
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec does not work for Virtual Hosts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Apache would not work for us for Virtual Hosts.  What it was doing is it was passing per user
webs to suexec as ~username, yet for Virtual Hosts it would pass the name as username without
the ~.  suexec only recognized the
username as a directory not off of root of it had a ~ on it and would look in the proper /home/.../public_html
directory.
>How-To-Repeat:
Create a virtual host and a per user web.
>Fix:
Yes, go to util_script.c line #603
change it from:

   execuser = pstrdup(r->pool, pw->pw_name);

to:

   execuser = pstrcat(r->pool, "~", pw->pw_name, NULL);

This changes apache to pass the ~username value to suexec.  I've tested
this out, and apparently this has not affected our root or per user webs, and
virtual hosts now work