www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jan Bredereke <breder...@informatik.uni-kl.de>
Subject mod_mime/672: Incorrect content-type for `foo.ps.gz' and 'foo.ps.Z' files
Date Wed, 04 Jun 1997 14:40:02 GMT

>Number:         672
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       Incorrect content-type for `foo.ps.gz' and 'foo.ps.Z' files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
(See also PR#665)
For any file with an extension such as `.ps.gz',
Apache returns

This is incorrect.  The content-type should be
application/postscript.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
PR#665 proposes a source patch.
Alternatively, we can work around it if we just change the
(distribution) configuration files:
In file 'mime.types', we comment out the lines for 'application/x-gzip',
and also for 'application/x-compress'. They do not describe contents
but encondings. See also the 'AddEncoding' entries in file 'srm.conf