www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Daniel Rinehart <dani...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR documentation/586
Date Thu, 15 May 1997 22:23:57 GMT
> <Location> can contain exactly the same directives as <Directory>.
> The docs probably could be clearer though. However does
> this explain the situation ok for now?
	If it is the case that <Location> can contain the Options and
AllowOverride directives, then there is a bug in <Location> that doesn't
check for symlinks. In this case all requests for /home/* pass through the
following RewriteRule:

RewriteRule     ^/home/([^/]*)/?(.*)    /home/$1/.www/$2 [L]

	I've also setup the following <Location> rule:

<Location /home/*>
Options Indexes
AllowOverride None
</Location>

	However when accessing /home/danielr/test/bad-link were:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 danielr  majors         11 May 15 13:55 bad-link -> /etc/passwd
-r--r--r--   1 root     wheel         790 Dec 11 15:25 /etc/passwd

	I would suspect it to fail, but instead it happily gives me the
document. Not what I really want to have happen.

- Daniel R. <danielr@ccs.neu.edu> [http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/danielr/]