www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jack Holt <h...@smarthealth.com>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR mod_proxy/574
Date Thu, 15 May 1997 16:34:00 GMT

There are servers out there that just don't have reverse DNS set up.  Some
of these sites might even be useful. (Only 1/2 sarcastic there. ;^)  It's
a shame we can't get to these sites through the proxy.  Perhaps have some
fallback code: if reverse DNS fails, but we have the IP number from the
URL, go ahead and try to access.

If such a patch becomes available, I'd love to know about it.  Otherwise,
I may try to hack it in myself, to keep my users happy.

Thanks for the info!

	--Jack;