www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR mod_include/600
Date Fri, 23 May 1997 14:31:09 GMT
Sorry it wasn't satisfying, but I was trying to convey that what you're
asking for has no easy solution.  Therefore it'll take a lot of someone's
volunteer time to fix it.  The XBitHack Full should provide exactly what
you need right now.  A more general solution really has to wait until
someone has the time to write it.

HTTP/1.1 chunked encoding should let us include the Last-Modified header
in the footer, which is relatively easy to do.  However clients don't
support HTTP/1.1 yet.  HTTP/1.1 too is a big win for network performance
and caching...

At any rate, what you're asking for is already "on the list".

Dean