www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-sunos/454:
Date Fri, 30 May 1997 19:40:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sunos/454; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Bob Ramstad <rramstad@nfic.com>
Subject: Re: os-sunos/454:
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 23:54:06 -0600 (MDT)

 >      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >  (hope this goes to the right list.  this is regarding PR#454 which i
 >  filed a few months ago.)
 >
 >  i upgraded to Apache 1.2b10 and removed one of the two processors on
 >  the machine.  it crashed within 24 hours.
 >
 >  if there is anything i can do to help debug the situation, please let
 >  me know.  this problem has been consistent since 1.2b8 -- 1.2b7 seemed
 >  somewhat more stable but still had the problem.

 Are you using compiler optimization (eg. -O or -O2 when compiling)?
 Apache defaults to doing so.  Try disabling optimization; to do this,
 uncomment the "OPTIM=" line in the Configuration file and leave it blank.
 Verify that it is properly compiling without optimization by being sure
 there is no -O or -O2 flag on the gcc command lines when you make it.