www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Tiemann <bt...@pacific.net>
Subject os-bsdi/631: CGI scripts sometimes don't run, but most of the time they're fine
Date Fri, 30 May 1997 03:30:01 GMT

>Number:         631
>Category:       os-bsdi
>Synopsis:       CGI scripts sometimes don't run, but most of the time they're fine
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
There are times, seemingly unrelated to the load on the machine, when any and
all output from perl scripts just doesn't work. If it's an entire page output
from a CGI, the result is a 500 error. If it's an SSI, it returns [an error
occurred while processing this directive].
Most of the time, all scripts run with no problem. Server load is generally
about 0.3, and the problem goes away immediately if I reload Apache.
Could this be a problem with the number of spare servers running? Min is 5,
Max is 15. Each of these glitches seems to last from 2 to 5 minutes.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try looking at http://www.lionking.org for the SSI's, and http://www.lionking.org/today.cgi
for the 500 error.