www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ch...@hyperreal.com
Subject Changed information for PR mod_proxy/624
Date Tue, 27 May 1997 04:53:35 GMT
Synopsis: "Too many open files" message with Proxy Cache ON

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: chuck
State-Changed-When: Mon May 26 21:53:34 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
In your proxy directory, is there a file called .time? It
should have 644 permissions and be owned by the same user
and group as httpd and the proxy cache directory. I've run
a 2.5.1 Solaris proxy for about a week at work, without
seeing this problem. It appears to be related to creation
of the timestamp file in the proxy cache directory. The only
difference I can see at this time is in our compilers.