www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christopher Neitzert <ch...@razorfish.com>
Subject config/620: FIX TO BUG #605
Date Sun, 25 May 1997 20:40:01 GMT

>Number:         620
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       FIX TO BUG #605
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Under normal compile of apache1.2b10 the binary fails to grab socket
saying permission denied.  (see fix below)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Dennis Sheil, <dws@earthweb.com> got me started on this fix and after
a few moments of hacking this is what we came up with:

Apparently the SOCK_STREAM variable in http_main.c is set to -1
when it should be set to a value of 2.  This more or less is caused
by certain versions of Perl for Solaris and the server's calls to socket.ph. (bogus file)
Overall the variable SOCK_STREAM should _not_ be set to 1 or -1, which is the
case with this version of apache.
%0