www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Toni Mueller <supp...@oeko.net>
Subject mod_log-any/617: The access log sometimes incorrect size values for delivered documents (code 200)
Date Sat, 24 May 1997 11:40:01 GMT

>Number:         617
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       The access log sometimes incorrect size values for delivered documents
(code 200)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.1.3
>Environment:
BSD/OS 2.1, almost fully patched:$ uname -a
BSD/OS maple.oeko.net 2.1 BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 Kernel #0: Sun Feb 16 20:09:06 MET 1997     root@maple.oeko.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/OEKONET.maple
 i386

compiler gcc 2.7.2, Apache 1.1.3  with mod_log_config.c but no special logging configuration

The mod_log_config is implanted at the place where the std configuration
has the mod_log_common.
The logged document sizes are wildly off of what is actually delivered. E.g.
when loading a page with some 5k, the log sometimes shows a code of 200 and a
size value of -, or on other pages a constant size of 375. It seems, but I don't
know how to verify this, that the log contains the size of the last include.

Note that we extensively use SSI.

>How-To-Repeat:
Try to access http://www.oeko.net/internet-p.html. This page is some 3 k big but
logs as 375 bytes. That's inappropriate.
>Fix:
No