www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From christopher@hyperreal.com, neitzert <ch...@razorfish.com>
Subject os-solaris/605: binary fails to get socket on any port
Date Thu, 22 May 1997 17:30:01 GMT

>Number:         605
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       binary fails to get socket on any port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I RTFM, and UTFM (understand) and do the do per instructed.
I then kill off all of my httpd processes and
restart using new binary.  my logfiles report this:
[date/time/year] socket: Protocol not supported
[date/time/year] - Failed to get a socket, exiting child

the only solution from the obvious is that for some reason
apache will not let got of the port even after i've killed it.
though upon testing it on a higher port i still receive the
same error... so maybe not.

>How-To-Repeat:
i'd be glad to mail a copy of my source though its barley modified
>Fix:
no, i am reporting it in hopes that you have a solution.
%0