www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jack Holt <h...@smarthealth.com>
Subject config/583: _default_ VirtualHost not matching when IP number and port used
Date Wed, 14 May 1997 21:50:01 GMT

>Number:         583
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       _default_ VirtualHost not matching when IP number and port used
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Our config consists of two VirtualHosts, one specific to one port & IP, the
other intended to catch requests on a different port on all IP's.  (like this:

  Listen 80
  Listen 1.2.3.4:8080
  <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:8080> ... </VirtualHost>
  <VirtualHost _default_:80> ... </VirtualHost>

This works fine for requests using any of our multiple hostnames for this machine,
but a request to http://1.2.3.4/ (or even http:/1.2.3.4:80/) is served by the
main server, not the second virtualhost.  Since we don't set a DocumentRoot
for the main server, and there is no htdocs dir in the ServerRoot directory,
an error gets logged to the error log, which is specified in the main server,
and inherited by the second virtual host (so I am assuming the main server is
logging the error based on it looking for htdocs in the ServerRoot.)
>How-To-Repeat:
Try a configuration like I described above.