www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Hardie <si...@TSETSE.CS.EARLHAM.EDU>
Subject config/581: #exec cgi= works for all docs except those in DocumentRoot hierarchy
Date Wed, 14 May 1997 20:10:01 GMT

>Number:         581
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       #exec cgi= works for all docs except those in DocumentRoot hierarchy
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We use an embedded cgi execution to run a counter.  The counter script is
executed by all documents in the ~user hierarchy, but when called from
a file in the DocumentRoot hierarchy, is interpreted only as a comment.

This did not occur when using v1.1.1.
>How-To-Repeat:
At http://www.cs.earlham.edu/index.html, view the source and you will see
the embedded CGI as a comment.
At http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~cem/homepage.html you will see a counter at
the bottom of the page that calls the same script with the same exact syntax.
>Fix:
I don't; if the server isn't even flinching at an embedded exec statement and
is just spitting it out as a comment, seems like there's something pretty
wrong there