www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stuart Stock <stu...@gundaker.com>
Subject mod_proxy/580: Child servers won't exit W state
Date Wed, 14 May 1997 16:20:02 GMT

>Number:         580
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Child servers won't exit W state
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Accessing the IBM site below causes some of the child servers
to hang on "Write" states and not exit.  Usually, the child that served
the initial request fails to close but sometimes as many as 6 or 7 child
servers will fail to close.  They remain in the W state indefinitely.
Netscape 3.01 on Win95, Linux, and HPUX exhibit the behavior.  While
Internet Explorer 3.0 under Win95 does not.  The server must be -HUP'ed in
order to reap the children.
>How-To-Repeat:
I hate to advertise for them, but this is the only site where I can
reproduce the problem:
http://www.as400.ibm.com