www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jack Holt <h...@smarthealth.com>
Subject mod_proxy/574: Proxy reports "Address not found" for servers that exist
Date Tue, 13 May 1997 16:40:02 GMT

>Number:         574
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Proxy reports "Address not found" for servers that exist
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Trying to access http://38.211.174.34/ through mod_proxy, returns an error from
the proxy:
        Proxy Error
        The proxy server could not handle this request.
        Reason: Address not found

Accessing this server through a CERN httpd 3.0a proxy works fine.

In the proxy-errors file, there are messages corresponding to attempts
to access this URL, which look like:

        [Tue May 13 13:08:48:32 1997] Invalid URI in request

An excerpt from our configuration file follows, with the names changed:

ServerType standalone
HostnameLookups off
User nobody
Group nobody
BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive
ServerAdmin me@ourdomain.com
ServerName ourdomain.com
ServerRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile /var/run/apache_status
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
Listen 1.2.3.4:8080
Listen 80
AccessConfig /dev/null
ResourceConfig /dev/null
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:8080>
  ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/proxy-errors
  TransferLog /var/log/httpd/proxy-log
  ProxyRequests On
  NoCache *
  ProxyBlock ourdomain.com ourotherdomain.com onemoredomain.com
  # Only proxy on this port, don't serve documents
  <Directory />
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
  </Directory>