www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.com
Subject Changed information for PR general/561
Date Sat, 10 May 1997 22:06:23 GMT
Synopsis: can't access the server (neither the web nor telnet, nor ftp) using my dial-up

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat May 10 15:06:22 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
You really have to define "cannot access".  Can you ping
the box when the problem is happening?  Can you telnet
to port 80 on it?  Can the provider access the web
server when you can't?

Are you sure that
"socket connection refused - connection reset by peer" is
the _exact_ error message you are getting?  What do you
mean by "repeated many times"?  Does this happen all
the time, or just when you can't access it?

This could very easily be a linux problem.  You are using
quite an old version that has a good number of known
bugs.

It is unlikely that we can do anything at all without more
information.