www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Greg Galcik <g...@interactive.brownmc.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/565: Always looks for mSQL. I don't have mSQL.
Date Fri, 09 May 1997 20:00:02 GMT

>Number:         565
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       Always looks for mSQL. I don't have mSQL.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I was trying to password a given directory on my server, which I've done plenty of times before
on other apache servers. When I try to do so, however, I get a server error, and the following
in the error_log:

[Fri May  9 13:19:24 1997] access to /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/test failed for mac10.brownmc.com,
reason: mSQL: Missing parameters for password lookup: Password table

I specifically didn't include mon_auth_msql when I compiled, because I was having the same
error with the 1.1.0 binary I downloaded a month or so ago.

I thought maybe "AuthAuthoritative off" in the .htaccess file might take care of it, but then
I'd get "invalid command AuthAuthoritative" in the error log.

Here's my current .htaccess file, if it helps:

AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/passfile
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName bmci
AuthType Basic

<limit get>