www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joe Hohertz <jhohe...@golden.net>
Subject os-bsdi/550: httpd starts, and logs that it is rusiming normally, and doesn't reply to anything.
Date Tue, 06 May 1997 17:50:02 GMT

>Number:         550
>Category:       os-bsdi
>Synopsis:       httpd starts, and logs that it is rusiming normally, and doesn't reply
to anything.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.2b8, 1.2b10
>Environment:
bash# uname -a
BSD/OS ts2.golden.net 2.1 BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 Kernel #0: Mon Mar 10 08:13:09 EST 1997
 root@ts2.golden.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/webserver26.2  i386

This system has been running 1.1.x (now 1.1.3) for a long time with no troubles.
I can telnet to port 80 on the machine, and get a connection, but any request made
(bogus or otherwise) is cheerfully ignored.

I compiled from source, and the only changes I made was for default paths (in httpd.h)
and I turned on a couple of modules. (Configuration file available upon request). Oh yes,
and I turned on suexec support as well.

Also, as a blind attempt to fix this, I tried hacking the Configure script to add the -m486
flag which it doesn't do by default. (I am on a Pentium.) No go with that. Looked at the
known bugs, and since I only have a single listen line, the mutex lock stuff doesn't
seem to apply. (But it does host about 100 virtual domains, so perhaps I am wrong?
Clue me in if this is the case.)
>How-To-Repeat:
Um, call me and I'll put it up. I had to switch back to 1.1.3 as this is a
production server I am trying to upgrade.
>Fix:
None.

(Unless this mutex locking stuff applies, in which case I'd suggest making a note
of it in the docs for this platform.%2