www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jesper Holck <ho...@knold.ballehs.dk>
Subject os-ultrix/547: 830 "lingering close lost connection to client" in 4 minutes
Date Mon, 05 May 1997 14:10:01 GMT

>Number:         547
>Category:       os-ultrix
>Synopsis:       830 "lingering close lost connection to client" in 4 minutes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2b10
>Environment:
uname -a says:
ULTRIX BALMAX.ballehs.dk 4.5 0 RISC

Apache compiled with gcc with only a few warnings.
This morning my error_log was filled with 830 messages
"lingering close lost connection to client ......." in only 4 minutes!

In between were some of these messages:
"access to /usr/local/etc/apache/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
failed for 194.182.98.21, reason: couldn't spawn child process"

Count.cgi seems to work OK as of this writing (afternoon, same day).

I have not had this problem with earlier versions. The only change
in configuration between this version and the last (b8) has been
the inclusion of the server-info module and handler.

Jesper Holck

>How-To-Repeat:
Don't know.
>Fix: