www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jack Holt <h...@smarthealth.com>
Subject config/530: VirtualHost _default_ stopped working with 1.2b10 on nonstandard port
Date Sat, 03 May 1997 00:30:01 GMT

>Number:         530
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       VirtualHost _default_ stopped working with 1.2b10 on nonstandard port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2b10
>Environment:
uname -a:
SunOS ... 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20

GCC 2.7.2
I have a configuration that works fine with 1.2b8, but doesn't work with 1.2b10.
Basicallly what this configuration does is

  Listen 1.2.3.4:8085
  Listen 1.2.3.4:8086
  Listen 2.3.4.5:8086
  <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:8085>
    ...proxy requests, but don't serve any local documents...
  </VirtualHost>
  <VirtualHost default>
    ...This host is meant to serve our documents (on both interfaces, on
       port 8086 only), and not proxy anything...
    <DocumentRoot /www/docs>
  </VirtualHost>

This DTRT on beta 8, but in beta 10 the proxy works but the default VirtualHost
doesn't seem to get called for requests on port 8086.  Running 'truss' showed
that Apache was looking in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs, instead of /www/docs
as the <DocumentRoot> instructed.  Also, the ErrorLog for the default VirtualHost
is not being written to when this happens.

My "main server" configuration sets up very little.  Maybe it's falling back to that
instead of the _default_ virtualhost.

>How-To-Repeat:
Try setting up a configuration like above, where apache is listening on two
non-standard ports, with a virtualhost specified on one of them, and the
default is supposed to handle the other.  (If that doesn't work, let me know,
and I'll try to characterize it better; also, I can send the httpd.conf,
if that'd help.)