www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Daniel Rinehart <dani...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject config/529: An AllowOverride setup can result in a Server Error
Date Fri, 02 May 1997 21:50:02 GMT

>Number:         529
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       An AllowOverride setup can result in a Server Error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
	Given the settings:
<Directory /home/www/html>
Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride Indexes
(... text removed ...)
</Directory>

	Placing the following in an .htaccess in a directory with or without
an index.html file results in a 500 Internal Server Error:
Options +Indexes
>How-To-Repeat:
Information provided above.
>Fix:
AllowOverride should report "illegal override option" if Indexes can not be
used in this sense (which would kill what I'm trying to do).
Or the server should allow .htaccess files to override a subset of the
Options directive