www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/500: single access creates multiple log entries
Date Tue, 29 Apr 1997 14:16:19 GMT
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Alec Berry wrote:

> The files are always html (.html) files. There are no animations or fancy
> anything on the pages where this comes up, and only the html file appears
> in the log multiple times.
> I could send you a snippet from my logs, if that might help.
> I have a suspicion this is due to ATT's proxy servers, since the browser
> type is always:
> "Mozilla/1.22ATT (Windows; U; 16bit)", and the remote address is an
> "att.net" address. It happened again last night, the following was in my
> logs 60 times in the span of a minute:
>
> 207.146.246.18 - - [27/Apr/1997:23:41:08 -0400] "GET /links/ HTTP/1.0"
> 200 - "-" "Mozilla/1.22ATT (Windows; U; 16bit)"
>
> Then, two minutes later, the same thing about 15 more times in about a 10
> second span.

Might just be someone calling Netscape from 'remote control' to download
pages offline.

There are hundreds of poorly written page fetchers out there. Many of
them operate out of search engine sites but there's a growing trend
for Joe Average to have his own network trasher in his bedroom.

http://us.imdb.com/tour   .. a site for sore eyes.