www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/315: <LIMIT> causes two password queries unless given fqdn.
Date Sun, 06 Apr 1997 18:23:30 GMT
There is no way for apache (or any web server) to know what domain a
user's client uses to resolve unqualified addresses.  This is a
client-side issue... not only does it mess up www-authentication, it
breaks any cookie code if you use it.  You'll have to train your users to
use FQDNs or have a link somewhere that takes them into your authenticated
hierarchy using a FQDN.

In your case it might also be that your 403 errordoc requires auth...
which of course is problematic :)

Dean