www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-bsdi/295: Can't create more than 128 Virtual Hosts 1.2b7.
Date Tue, 01 Apr 1997 20:53:01 GMT
Every virtualhost requires a few descriptors (filehandles) it depends on
your configuration and it looks like you've maxed out the filehandles
available to your process.  See the "limit" or "ulimit" commands in your
shell for how to increase the descriptors.  Is your 1.2b7 config file
identical to your 1.1.3 config file?

The server can't always give an error because some c library functions
require filehandles and don't properly report an error when they can't get
them.

Dean