www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Bentley" <bentl...@cs.umn.edu>
Subject Re: general/502: Keep-Alives not timing out
Date Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:53:32 GMT

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Hey Mark,
>
> You should definately upgrade to 1.2b10, as a result of one of your
> earlier reports we found a terrible error in the CGI handling in 1.2b9.

Will do.

> I've got a server with 350 children right now that does 120 second
> keepalives, and none of them are over the 120 second mark.  That's running
> linux though.
>
> I've got 6 IRIX 5.3 servers none of which are showing this problem.  Are
> you running the latest 5.3 patch set?

I did install some NFS / networking related patches, but that's all.

> Do you have any Timeout settings in your configuration?  Have you used
> graceful restart at all?

Ya know, my Keep-Alive directives were still those used by 1.1.1, not
1.2.   I had:

   KeepAlive 5
   KeepAliveTimeout 30

I changed them to:

   KeepAlive On
   MaxKeepAliveRequests 50
   KeepAliveTimeout 30

I'll keep an eye on it.  I'd bet that was the problem.

Maybe some code for backward compatibility was removed with anticipation
for the final release?  I don't know, but 1.2b7 worked as expected.

Thanks,

   Mark.