www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/449: why not make the top few lines of httpd.h configurable in Configuration?
Date Sun, 27 Apr 1997 08:02:49 GMT
Not if you want to be able to start apache without passing it any special
arguments to tell you where to put the config file.  #ifdef-ing some or
all of those things in httpd.h would be a good thing.

HTTPD_ROOT for sure, perhaps a bunch more too.

See the patches being done for the FreeBSD port at;

    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports-current/www/apache/patches/

I don't agree with the way he is doing them all, but... that's the general
concept.  It should be possible for a vendor to make Apache work with the
structure they want by modifying only Configuration and the *.conf files.