www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Leos Bitto <bi...@kolej.mff.cuni.cz>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR mod_proxy/279
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 14:49:18 GMT
On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > You can try ftp://ftp.worldgate.com/pub/marcs/ for an example.
> >
> > the proxy gives:
> >
> > -rw-------   1 986   wheel      0 Apr  7 02:52 file with <A HREF="ftp://ftp.worldgate.com/pub/marcs/spaces">spaces</A>
> >
> > In real life, there are more and more servers doing things this way,
> > especially those hosted on NT boxes.  Unfortunately, however you do it you
> > will run into problems with some names.
> >

> Try this patch and see if it works. It's also going to the reporter
> of the PR.
> --
> chuck
> Chuck Murcko
> The Topsail Group, West Chester PA USA
> chuck@topsail.org

I've just tried it. I looks better but still is buggy. It creates
something as:

<A HREF="ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/file with spaces">file with spaces</A>

which it is supposed to create, I think. After clicking on the link you
will get something as:

File Not Found

The requested URL ftp://ftp.some/host/dir/file was not found on this
server.

It should create this:

<A HREF="ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/file%20with%20spaces">file with spaces</A>

When you request ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/file%20with%20spaces you will get
the correct file.

When you request "ftp://ftp.some.host/dir with spaces" you will get again
the same errror - ftp://ftp.some.host/dir not found. (" with spaces" again
truncated). But when you request
ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/dir%20with%20spaces, you will get nearly the
perfect directory listing, but it has the following title:

ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/dir%20with%20spaces

But I think it should be

ftp://ftp.some.host/dir/dir with spaces

(this isn't serious - it works, but it can confuse the user - he wants
"dir with spaces" and gets "dir%20with%20spaces").

                                                         Leos Bitto
                                                  <bitto@kolej.mff.cuni.cz>