www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lewis De Payne <le...@netcom.com>
Subject Re: general/406: Severe memory leak -- possibly due to SIGSEGV
Date Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:25:18 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Please give me a list of all modules that you have compiled into
> your server.

Please also look at my PR#389, or search the database using keyword
SEGV -- there are others with that problem who may not be using PHP.
For your convenience, the modules are:
Platform:
  FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE #0: Sun Apr 13
  Server version Apache/1.2b8 PHP/FI-2.0b11.
  (256MB RAM, httpd.h:#define HARD_SERVER_LIMIT 500)
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_browser.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_php.c    <- latest CVS release

> FWIW - I have been running several high volume servers on FreeBSD-2.1.x
> and 2.2.x. I too see the eventual full swap area. I managed to track
> down the cause of SEGVs I was seeing as beeing a problem with PHP
> files. I have not had a single SEGV in 12 hours.  However, swap space
> is still disappearing at the same rate.

It would appear that you've done enough testing to possibly pinpoint
it to PHP.  That's not good news.  I have to run PHP -- no way around
it.  I've forwarded a copy of this to Rasmus (PHP devel).  I'll keep
you in the loop on related email I receive.

What are you doing in lieu of PHP on your servers?  Out of curiosity,
what's your load (visitors/day and hits/day, server config(s), etc).

Thanks for your message!