www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alok Agrawal <aagra...@us.oracle.com>
Subject general/498: Missing Terminate Stage
Date Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:50:02 GMT

>Number:         498
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Missing Terminate Stage
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I work at oracle corporation and we are trying to release an adapter that would allow
users to run the Oracle Application server with Apache as the HTTP listener. We have
hit upon a major problem that requires your immediate attention. The apache child processes
don't call any terminate function before exiting, while we require that the oracle module
we add to apache
calls a terminate function just before the process is going to do an exit in order to release
certain
distributed resources. This should be a fairly easy fix since apache already has the framework
to do so. All you need to do is add an extra function pointer in the module structure for
the terminate stage and
call it at all the places in http_main where the child might exit.Please contact me if you
have any further questions.