www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Kozinn <dkoz...@csc.com>
Subject mod_proxy/494: Allow customized messages for ProxyBlock
Date Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:30:01 GMT

>Number:         494
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Allow customized messages for ProxyBlock
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.2b8
>Environment:

The current implementation of ProxyBlock sends a hard-coded message back when
an attempt is made to access a restricted site. I'd like to be able to
(at minimum) substitute my own message there, and optimally be able to use
the full error message functionality (such as to log the attempt to a special
file, send someone email, etc.)
>How-To-Repeat:
Implement proxy caching, block a site, try to access it. The error that comes
back is fixed, there is no way (short of modification to the source code
to change it.
>Fix:
Add in a ProxyError directive similar to the ErrorDocument directive