www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Susnjar <s...@bktv.com>
Subject mod_cgi/485: Wrong SERVER_PORT reported to CGI scripts when server listens to multiple ports
Date Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:40:01 GMT

>Number:         485
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Wrong SERVER_PORT reported to CGI scripts when server listens to multiple
ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We need our server to listen to multiple ports (eg. 80-85). Some of our
CGI scripts need to know which port was used to invoke them, and the server
reports the first one (80) no matter which one was used.
>How-To-Repeat:
You can see this even with your (included) script:

http://www.bktv.com:80/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (correct)
http://www.bktv.com:81/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (incorrect)
http://www.bktv.com:82/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (incorrect)
http://www.bktv.com:83/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (incorrect)
http://www.bktv.com:84/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (incorrect)
http://www.bktv.com:85/cgi-bin/test-cgi ... reports SERVER_PORT=80 (incorrect)
>Fix:
Make whatever module responsible for this report the correct SERVER_PORT used.
%0