www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject RE: config/477: warning about a missing 'regex.h'
Date Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:50:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/477; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: "Kevin C. Rea" <kevin.rea@lucent.com>
Subject: RE: config/477: warning about a missing 'regex.h'
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 12:39:59 -0600 (MDT)

 On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Kevin C. Rea wrote:

 > Marc:
 >
 > 	I tried pointing the cc to the local regex.h under "regex/regex.h"  It took that however
I got a bunch of warnings and two errors:

 > (example warning)	w "mod_usertrack.c",L275/C26(#553): word | Conversion of type `char
*' to type `unsigned char *' is not ANSI-compliant.

 > (errors)			line 997 of "util.c" and line 980 of "util.c" <- I changed these to "unsigned",
I hope this is O.K.

 > I fixed the two errors above by changing the function to from "const char" to "unsigned"
- this took care of the errors. So once the compilation was complete, the linker bombed with
the following error:

 Don't have time to look at thatright now.  I will comment more later if
 anything is messed up above.

 > cc    -o httpd alloc.o http_main.o http_core.o http_config.o http_request.o  http_log.o
htt
 > p_protocol.o rfc1413.o util.o util_script.o modules.o buff.o md5c.o util_md5.o explain.o
http_bprin
 > tf.o util_date.o util_snprintf.o mod_mime.o  mod_access.o  mod_auth.o  mod_negotiation.o
 mod_inclu
 > de.o  mod_dir.o  mod_cgi.o  mod_userdir.o  mod_alias.o  mod_env.o  mod_log_config.o
 mod_asis.o  mo
 > d_imap.o  mod_actions.o  mod_browser.o  mod_status.o  mod_info.o  mod_auth_anon.o  mod_usertrack.o
 >  "IBS -lsocket -lnsl -lc" -lsocket -lnsl -lc
 > ld: IBS -lsocket -lnsl -lc: fatal error: cannot open file - No such file or directory
 > *** Error code 1 (bu21)

 Looks like you messed up when editing one of the configuration files.
 The IBS looks like the tail end of a LIBS define from somewhere that got
 messed up.  Can't really guess where from here...

 As always, if we can get a temporary login on the box we can probably make
 the changes necessary to Apache to make it compile out of the box on the
 system when someone gets time.