www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brett McCormick <br...@speedy.speakeasy.org>
Subject Re: os-osf/463: virtualhost support functionally broken
Date Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-osf/463; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett McCormick <brett@speedy.speakeasy.org>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Subject: Re: os-osf/463: virtualhost support functionally broken
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

 Fairly certain.  Here's where the problem lies: inet_addr returnes -1
 (INADDR_NONE) on failure, which gets assigned to my_addr (unsigned
 long int).  That is then compared to INADDR_NONE (0xffffffff), which
 isn't casted to a long int.  So, -1 != 0xffffffff..  I suppose the
 correct fix would be to leave DEFAULT_VHOST_ADDR with the 'ul' at the
 end, and then cast INADDR_NONE to unsigned long in the comparison.

     } else if(
 #ifdef DGUX
             ( my_addr = inet_network(w) )
 #else
             ( my_addr = inet_addr(w) )
 #endif
             != INADDR_NONE ) {
         is_an_ip_addr = 1;
     }

 There are no errors starting up, and here are my virtualhost lines:

 <Virtualhost www.prorental.com>
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/httpd/sites/prorental/docs
 </VirtualHost>

 <Virtualhost www.hedgescellars.com>
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/httpd/sites/hedgescellars/docs
 </VirtualHost>

 No matter what i ask for (localhost, www.prorental.com,
 www.hedgescellars.com) I get www.prorental.com..