www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brett McCormick <br...@speakeasy.org>
Subject os-osf/464: virtualhost support functionally broken
Date Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:20:06 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Wed Apr 23 14:00:04 PDT 1997

>Number:         464
>Category:       os-osf
>Synopsis:       virtualhost support functionally broken
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Virtualhosts do not operate correctly.  The first virtualhost (and not the main
server) serves all requests.  This is due to get_addresses storing the ip addr
in a long int, which on an alpha is 64bit.  DEFAULT_VHOST_ADDR is also specified
as a long.
>How-To-Repeat:
just try to use virtualhosts on a platform with 64bit longs
>Fix:
change the type of my_addr in get_addresses (http_config.c) to a 32-bit type.
change the definition of DEFAULT_VHOST_ADDR to be 32-bit (i don't think this
is neccesary, but it might be)