www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <...@unix-ag.org>
Subject config/430: Strange behaviour of IndexOptions
Date Sun, 20 Apr 1997 20:00:02 GMT

>Number:         430
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Strange behaviour of IndexOptions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
 srm.conf-dist contains the entry

    IndexIgnore */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */RCS

  But what's the reason for the "*/" syntax, eg. "*/README"
  instead of just "README"?
  At least for me the following entry produces the same result
  like the entry from srm.conf-dist:

    IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS

  Maybe this is a bug, because the documentation of IndexIgnore
  talks about 'partial filenames' and 'file extensions' which
  seems not to work, eg. ".txt" does not hide "foobar.txt", but
  only ".txt".

  P.S.: IMHO "core" should always be hidden. Maybe it's a good idea to
        add this to the IndexIgnore entry in your srm.conf-dist file.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
If it's a bug - fix the bug... if not - fix the documentation. ;-%2