www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/400: tons of lost connection messages in the error log
Date Wed, 16 Apr 1997 01:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/400; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Frank Forbes <forbes@freerun.com>
Subject: Re: general/400: tons of lost connection messages in the error log
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:14:15 -0700 (PDT)

 It usually isn't an apache issue.  Is your internet pipe saturated?
 Typically this is something you'll see when the clients are disconnecting
 mid-stream because they can't wait for it to finish downloading.

 Dean

 On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Frank Forbes wrote:

 > >Number:         400
 > >Category:       general
 > >Synopsis:       tons of lost connection messages in the error log
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > The synopsis says it all.  Sadly I'm not sure if it's an Apache issue or something else.
If there is a parm to tweak please let me know what it is.  A net surfer just whined about
it and you know what happened next :-(  Thanks!