www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@Topsail.ORG>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/396: Proxy does not forward, instead returns a blank "Index of /" page
Date Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:23:17 GMT
Apache isn't useful as the sort of proxy you need. You want something like
http-gw or plug-gw from the Firewall Tool Kit (fwtk). You need to set your
browser to point at the Apache server to use it as a proxy, since its
intent is to be used as an outbound and relay proxy.

I assume you have considered the dangers in relaying RAW HTTP requests
inbound through your firewall.

--
chuck
Chuck Murcko            The Topsail Group             West Chester PA USA